So I'm going to blog today about my childhood memories in Cagayan de Oro and no, I did not live or go to school there during my childhood or even now. You see, my family used to go there when I was 4 or 5 to visit my relatives who used to live there before. Here are my most memorable nostalgia memories in Cagayan de Oro. Not in particular order though.
1. Lemon Tree Cafe (now Pyramid KTV Bar)
Childhood Memory: I still remembered eating here once with my relatives and there was this wishing well and my parents told us to make our wishes and while we were at it, one of my cousins saw some dude who probably works for the restaurant taking the money out from the well. It was probably almost closing time when we saw that happen.
2. Bump Cars in Limketkai Mall

Childhood Memory: I still remember seeing this part of Limketkai Mall back when I was 4 or 5 years old and I still remember asking my parents to let me ride those bump cars and they didn't allow me perhaps because they were concerned for my safety. I never got to ride those actually and I still remembered looking for this part of the mall when I was about 9 or 10 years old and at that time, the mall has already undergone remodeling and a lot has changed and the Bump Cars were no longer there, it was already replaced with an exhibition area.
3. Roller Skating Rink at Limketkai Mall

Childhood Memory: I still remember going there, well actually, I was just a spectator because at that time, I still didn't know how to rollerskate. When the mall got remodeled, this section of the mall got removed too and it was converted into a parking area, I think.
4. McDonalds Limketkai Branch (1st McDonalds in Cagayan de Oro)

Childhood Memory: We used to eat here everytime we go to CDO to visit our relatives and until now, we still eat here whenever we get the chance. Perhaps one of the only nostalgia structures in the Limketkai area that remained unchanged.
5. Ostriches in the Limketkai Complex
I don't have pictures of this but I still have memories of watching the Ostriches in the Limketkai Complex back in my childhood though ever since Limketkai underwent their remodeling, the Ostriches have been moved to the Limketkai family's farm which is also in Cagayan de Oro. I don't know what at present is the area at Limketkai Complex where the Ostriches used to be is.
No comments:
Post a Comment