When I logged on to Facebook kaniha, my newsfeed was mostly filled with news about Dolphy's death and at first, hindi ako naniwala na totoo yun since rumors of his death also made a scene on social media a few months back but after checking the official website of ABS-CBN news, (although the same news was posted on the network's official Facebook account, I still preferred to check their official website to confirm the news) totoo nga yung balita about his death.
Dolphy played an important role in my life, well not just mine, but he also played a role in every Filipino's life. I could still remember watching his movies on Cinema One as a kid and even though at that time, I wasn't really able to get his jokes, but for some reason, natatawa pa rin ako. I also remembered watching his TV shows on TV as a kid and he never fails to bring laughter and happiness to his viewers. I remember the watching the one of the last movies he starred in, which is called "Nobody, Nobody...But Juan" in cinemas which became an entry to the 2009 Metro Manila Film Festival. When I watched this movie, there was laughter all over the place and from what I've seen in the movie, almost every scene was catchy and memorable and Dolphy's acting, despite of his age, was still pure gold. He's one of the few actors and actresses who don't end up being branded as overrated after how many years of being in the Showbiz industry and that's one reason why people still continue to respect him and be inspired by him after all these years. He has pure talent that's incomparable, a pure talent that stands out from the rest and there's really no doubt to him being the King of Comedy. From his humble beginnings until today, in one way or another, Dolphy has always given us a reason to smile and enjoy life.
I will always remember Dolphy, not just for the laughter that he has given us, but for inspiring us to stay happy and make others happy despite of how complicated our lives are today. My sincere condolences to Dolphy's family and loved ones. He will be missed but never forgotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment